Suggestions for 16-Bit Gems

Home Forums Clan of the Gray Wolf Shows 16-Bit Gems Suggestions for 16-Bit Gems

This topic contains 353 replies, has 155 voices, and was last updated by  TrueLink 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 354 total)
  • Author

Kaboomie

Wow, I was going to play Top Gear right after Terranigma Kurara. Anyways, I think I should mention another game. Though again I don’t know if it’s really an underrated game. Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse for SNES. I definately think the 2 sequals (3 wasn’t even released in America til the GBA I think) are underrated. Also, I’ve got to ask Roo. Would you be willing to do Japanese only games?

EDIT: nvm, Magical Quest 3 was never on GBA so it was never released in America.

airblade
    Participant

Perhaps The Legend of the Mystical Ninja.

Roo
    Roo
    Keymaster

Well, I’ll put it this way. I’ve already begun work up to some point on the next three episodes. #14 has already been mentioned in this thread, and #15 is a Japanese-only game. So there are the hints I’m willing to give out for now. 🙂

KuraraII
    KuraraII
    Participant

Kaboomie: If you like that game, check out Mickey and Donald’s game on the SNES. I forget the name but it had plenty of outfits and co-op play. 🙂

Top Gear ruled! Especially the music.

Kaboomie

Kurara: Are you talking about Magical Quest 3? Cause I’ve already mentioned that. I do also have another Mickey game that I just remember that would be perfect for 16-bit Gems. The Great Circus Caper was an excellent game I got for a birthday one year. Anyways, I’ve actually never played Top Gear but I am going to try it out once I finish Terranigma.

KuraraII
    KuraraII
    Participant

Ah, you’re right. I had the Japanese version of the game so I had no idea what the name was.

There was a Donald Duck game as well, which was in Japanese as well, unfortunately. It had him completing a few random jobs to afford a gift or something, but then he’s flung into another world. It was quite good but a bit odd.

Kaboomie

I know that Sega did make a bunch of Mickey and Donald games on the Genesis and even did a Japanese only Sega Saturn compilation of some of them. The only ones that come to mind are Castle of Illusion and Quackshot.

airblade
    Participant

Holy Shit Kurara… TOP GEAR!

That game was a masterpiece, I loved it, and I completely agree… the music was the shit, I remember playing the game just to listen to the music.

Good times…

Kaboomie

Ooops, double post

KuraraII
    KuraraII
    Participant

^

I still remember raging later on in the game at the "Save the trees!" signs.

airblade
    Participant

Now that was a good racing game, the music sure added lots of replay value. It was so much better having a second player.

Kaboomie

I’ve got another question Roo. Are all your reviews just limited to SNES, Genesis or TurboGrafx-16 (assuming you’re going to do more) games or just games that came out in the 16-bit era?

airblade
    Participant

^16-bit era. I was thinking in some PC games.

Kaboomie

Well would Game Boy or Sega Game Gear work?

KuraraII
    KuraraII
    Participant

Game Boy is 8-bit if I recall correctly.

Game Gear is probably fine.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 354 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.