Suggestions for 16-Bit Gems

Home Forums Clan of the Gray Wolf Shows 16-Bit Gems Suggestions for 16-Bit Gems

This topic contains 353 replies, has 155 voices, and was last updated by  TrueLink 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 354 total)
  • Author

Robostar

Final Fight is one of my all time favorite beat em up games. It would be awesome if you reviewed it.

Just read this blurp off of gamefaqs : Mayor Mike Haggar vows to snatch the streets of Metro City back from the crooks with his bare knuckles! But the Mad Gear Gang snatches his daughter Jessica. Now there’s gonna be some bone-crunching dues to pay!

Jessica’s boyfriend Cody hits the streets hard with Haggar, denting heads downtown and slugging it out in the slums. He’s a one man army! His weapons are anything he can find — swords, knives, or pipes.

Now you’re Haggar or Cody, each with his own fighting style. Demolish gangland henchmen, samurai swordsmen and musclebound crime bosses in a fist-to-nose frenzy!

If that doesnt seem like pure 90’s awesome then I dont no what is.

Arkus
    Participant

I support this…however 16 bit gems is intended for lesser well known games (atleast that is my understanding).There is no denying the pure win that is final fight…but it’s pretty well known. If you want to see beat’em ups, why not the arcade verison of ninja gaidan, I think a port was done for the genisis.

Hey Roo, if you like RPGs so much, where is the 7th saga love? That game was eberron before Eberron was Eberron…you know without the lighting rails, or the noir, or the city of towers…but they had warforged…ot taijtu…whatever they’re called.

Roo
    Roo
    Keymaster

Strangely, I never played 7th Saga back in the day. Looking back now, the SNES really was quite a repository for RPG’s, wasn’t it? I’ll certainly give it a whirl and a video if it’s worthy (and I’m sure it is, considering I’ve heard so many good things).

I have so many other RPG’s that I want to review, but those take so much longer to do, since they’re generally long games. I have to intersperse them with the Ninja Spirits and Aladdins of the world.

airblade
    Participant

I haven’t thought about this until today, but how about 16-bit PC Games ? There’s a couple good games that I remember playing. I’m surprised that no one mentioned it before.

Roo
    Roo
    Keymaster

Huh, I never thought of PC games as specifically 16-bit. Then again, I’ve always been more of a console gamer.

Any suggestions for PC games?

KuraraII
    KuraraII
    Participant

Depends on what you’d consider 16-bit pc gaming. 🙂

You could always check out the Atari ST as well and its repository since it was pseudo-pc gaming. Many of its games were multi-platform as well.

I’m sure you’ve heard of Dungeon Master, for example.

(You should check out Uncharted 2: New Horizons for the SNES, you won’t regret it!)

airblade
    Participant

Out of this world was good, but definitely weird.

Roo
    Roo
    Keymaster

I think I was just too dumb for Out of This World. Or maybe I just didn’t have the patience. I also never got far in that or Prince of Persia for that matter (the old version).

airblade
    Participant

The old prince of persia was sooooo good. Since you only have one hour to beat it, it might get on your nerves at first, but once you memorize the levels, it will be a walk in the park. I think that I first played it on my 486, good times.

Out of this world was a crazy mix of…. insert a 2d platfomer and "something weird"

I never got to beat it, and it really pissed me off cuz I didn’t know what to do.

KuraraII
    KuraraII
    Participant

Out of this World drove me nuts with everything killing me on every screen. 🙁

airblade
    Participant

^^

That sums what Out of this world was about 😛

Kaboomie

Well how about Terranigma? Wait, that’s already been said before. I guess because I’ve been recently playing it a lot made me say it. Well anyways, how about Pulseman on the Genesis? Maybe Pocky & Rocky for SNES. Although I think it may or may not be an underrated game, maybe Super Double Dragon. I only mention that because I often see the original mentioned more than this game, and it’s still one of my favorite beat ’em ups. Speaking of beat ’em ups, Magic Sword is another game I’ve played as a kid and still own that I love. Hope these are some good suggestions. I was trying to think of more RPGs, but it seems like they’ve already been mentioned or they’re too popular :P. I could go into really obscure SNES RPGs, but I’m still trying to play most of the damn games so I wouldn’t know anything about them.

KuraraII
    KuraraII
    Participant

^Pocky and Rocky, hell yeah.

Here’s a list of a few SNES games you might want to check out:

Uncharted 2: New Horizons (A swashbuckling game of exploration, naval warfare, trade and drama on the high seas around Europe, Asia, Africa and the New World)

Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (Deep strategy game where how you battle and do things determines whether you are a liberator or a dictator)

King Arthur’s World (Lemmings with more control of your troops. Command archers, knights, wizards, etc)

Arcana (Very old-school 1st person RPG action)

Shadowrun (Cyberpunk RPG shooter)

Sunset Riders (Western action shooter)

UN Squadron/Area 88 (Awesome shmup)

Battletoads in Battlemaniacs (Play with a friend for maximum rage)

Goof Troop (A GOOD Disney co-op game!?)

Legend of the Mystical Ninja (One of the best co-op games of all time)

Top Gear/Top Gear 2 (2 Player Retro-racing)

Robotrek (RPG with…robots)

Wonder Project J (Very unique game, unfortunately no commercial release in the US. There is a translation patch for it online. You guide and teach a robot boy how to do things to fulfill different tasks, from farming to fighting in a battle arena)

Metal Max Returns (RPG with customizable tanks)

I’m sure I can think of more later.

For the Genesis, you should check out Pirates! Gold, that game is awesome.

There you go, a small list of things, I probably repeated something somebody else said but the above are all games I really enjoyed.

Roo
    Roo
    Keymaster

Yeah, I think Terranigma has to be done at some point, what with all the suggestions for it…

Oh, and Kurara, thanks for mentioning Sunset Riders! I had been trying to remember the name of this game for awhile, and I just couldn’t put my finger on it. Such a good game.

Also, you already mentioned a few games that are coming soon, so you’ll just have to wait and see what those will be. 🙂

KuraraII
    KuraraII
    Participant

I’m looking forward to it. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 354 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.