Site Update

Home Forums Clan of the Gray Wolf Site Update

Tagged: 

This topic contains 36 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Vulcan Assassin Vulcan Assassin 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Mark P. Tjan
    Keymaster

> The Male White Mage – So far I’ve been unsuccessful at finding a fix to show these. Sorry dude.

> Vulcan Assassin – The menu issue I’m working to resolve without breaking WordPress. WP defines that list a certain way and I need to build in a function change which is actually kind of difficult (I don’t want the effect transferring to other menus). But I agree. We just couldn’t work out a fix in time for launch.

The forums issue I’m also working to resolve. Again, it has to do with bbPress’ theme. I’ll see about getting the styling worked out next week. 🙂 Thanks for your scrutiny, it really does help.

I noticed on the forums you can only edit your post immediate after posting, and Ninto55 mentioned it on the new Weekly Wringer you can not edit comment posts.

Another thing is knowing which posts are new and which threads have new posts in them would be nice to have back since it makes it easier to click on a thread that says it has a new post and you are brought to the new post without needing to remember which was the last post that you read. And since people can reply to comments and their comment is now below the one they are replying to so knowing which comments are new is very useful.

Another thing since I can’t edit this in to the above is why no WYSIWYG for comments? I realized this when I was looking at the HTML tags to see if colour could be added since some users use them (and there are two users I can tell who they are when colour text is used without looking at their avatar or name). The thing with HTML is I know very basic HTML but not everyone will know how to use it.

Vulcan Assassin
    Vulcan Assassin
    Participant

Not having the Ability to Edit Forum posts is a big concern for me.

This is/can be fundamental for a forum to be useful. For example: Say a user wants to start a forum thread, so users can list names and share/friend each other on Xbox Live or Steam or something. If they could edit their posts, they could edit the first post in the thread as people give input to list all the users who have shared their IDs right in the 1st post of the thread; as needed.

Without the ability to edit posts, things like this are no longer possible by traditional means. Unless they were a mod maybe… anyway you get the point 😉

*test edit**

Mark P. Tjan
    Keymaster

I’m working on that one as my priority actually. Figuring out how BBPress uses permissions.

Mark P. Tjan
    Keymaster

All right, so editing ability should be on now. Lemme know if you guys still have trouble with that one.

Vulcan Assassin
    Vulcan Assassin
    Participant

Seems to work. The day is yours, sir!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.