Site Update

Home Forums Clan of the Gray Wolf Site Update

Tagged: 

This topic contains 36 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Vulcan Assassin Vulcan Assassin 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Mog
    Mog
    Participant

Should I be logging in on google or which for posting comments?  Will my name stay the same or will it use my google name?

Mark P. Tjan
    Keymaster

>Red Mage – That was due to a username error due to spaces as White Mage pointed out. I’ve fixed it. Lemme know if there are any other issues with your account.

>The Male White Mage – Thanks! Gonna fix that and those profiles shortly. I also caught a few others I’d glossed over. Let me know if you see any more. Awesome work! Also, fixed the listings for the Weekly Wringer.

>Mog – Right now the Comments and the Forums use different accounts, so you can log in whichever way you like for Comments. I’m waiting on consensus from Roo and the Commodore about how we’re gonna pursue the matter, but for now, use both regular login here, and whatever you like for comments.

Red Mage
    Red Mage

Thanks. Everything in the profile seems ok on my end now (minus missing posts for Weekly Wringers but I see them in Disqus instead so I assume that’s normal)

16-Bit Gem #7 the video is not embedded, it is a link.

http://clanofthegraywolf.com/7-541/

MegamanX4321
    MegamanX4321
    Participant

Just wanted to say the new design is awesome. I know I haven’t been here very long but I think it looks beautiful. I didn’t read the memo about passwords so I couldn’t login with my old account but I managed to log in through facebook and now everything works. The internet is a series of tubes that runs on magic!

Mark P. Tjan
    Keymaster

>The Male White Mage – Thanks, fixed!

>MegamanX4321 – Glad you like it, and thank you for the kind words. 🙂

I found another font colouring issue this time with “You may use these HTML tags and attributes:” that is part of this Reply To: area.

http://i.imgur.com/rujqY.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/VjUyh.jpg

I have noticed a two things missing in the new layout.

(1.) Where is the recent post page aka http://www.clanofthegraywolf.com/tracker as I found it nice to use that page to see all the new comments/post in one place.

(2.) Where is the PM function.

Maze
    Maze
    Participant

I was trying to find pm earlier today too and couldn’t. I hope it comes back. I hate chatrooms. =(

Mark P. Tjan
    Keymaster

Currently we don’t have a PM plugin working, but I’ll look into that. I know some exist. 🙂

We now have a working PM system. Good news: It’s for the entire site, not just the forums. Bad news: It’s buggy and butt-ugly at the moment. I’ll work on that. (re bugginess: Be sure to include a subject in your PM or it doesn’t work for stupid reasons)
    Fixed!

I’ll also see about throwing together a recent posts pages. For now, I’ve swapped the widget to show recent posts in the sidebar. I’ll work on a page sometime this week.

Gnashvar
    Gnashvar
    Participant

Howdy everyone.

How do I see the recent posts?

Mark P. Tjan
    Keymaster

By popular vote, the forum rules have been junked. I pray they never surface again (as most mods do), and I tremble should they need to.

> Gnashvar – Right now, the sidebar has a widget that displays the most recent stuff. I’m working on putting together a page to display everything though. Gimme a day or two. 🙂

Gnashvar
    Gnashvar
    Participant

Ok thanks 😀

I just noticed something else missing.

– The join date and last seen date for users.

Vulcan Assassin
    Vulcan Assassin
    Participant

2 Questions Regarding format:

1 – The “tabs” behavior on front page:

The tabs for the site sections (shows, forum, chat, etc) highlight red when a mouse cursor is anywhere over the tab. However, the tab can only clicked/activated when the mouse cursor is directly over the text within the tab. this can be confusing for newcomers to navigate. Is there any way to change this so the clickable area consists of the entire tab/highlighted area, instead of just the text within? Myself and my guinea pig both ended up seeing the red highlight change and clicking 3 or 4 times while looking at our browser’s nav info to see if it was communicating or recognizing a hotlink before we realized what “we were doing wrong”.

2:  The Forum Main page layout:

This is the one part of the site I am not happy with. It’s not easy on the eye to navigate quickly. To explain: Main Categories, and sub-categories are now all the same font size, no bold text for mains, with no separation/partitions.  Makes it difficult to use at times. A prime example would be last night’s echo screen broadcast. There were many users in the wrong chat, or having difficulty setting up an IRC client to give them a better GUI, and features like a stable auto-scroll. Weeks ago I wrote a tutorial and posted in the forums that would have helped them. I had less than a minute until it aired, and could not navigate back to my own thread from the forum main page, as I did not see where the “wolves den” was in time. In a pinch, it just seemed like a text cluster.

*Note this is also accounted to the fact I was using my 42″ as a monitor – but it seems I am not the only one that does this, especially during echo screen. The added distance from the screen compared to my PC monitor made it harder to see in this format. I worry others may have the same problem.

Just wanted to drop my 2 cents, hope it helps. By the way Mark, you do fantastic work! keep it up, we will usher CotGW into a new era of success!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.