OFFICIAL E3 2012 THREAD

Home Forums General Blather & Twaddle Video Games OFFICIAL E3 2012 THREAD

This topic contains 24 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Aestolia 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Furious George
    Furious George
    Participant

Don’t know why this hasn’t been set up yet…. but here goes.

Currently the Microsoft conference just ended….

I’ll get the ball rolling by saying that the Microsoft conference was terrible. :)

And how was the Microsoft conference terrible?

Furious George
    Furious George
    Participant

Constant Kinect garbage, bunch of useless Xbox live features designed to make people even lazier, pitiful and random performance from Usher, need I go on?

Halo 4 was really its only saving grace.

The Onion Knight
    Participant

I haven’t been watching E3, unfortunately, since I just got home from classes.

I also just watched a video on Tomb Raider and it looks very exciting. Actually, it reminds me a lot of another game…

Anyone else excited for Tomb Raider? It think it’s about time they give the series a reboot.

And speaking about the WiiU, I’m actually a little intrigued. But I realized that I’m not interested in buying new games for it. What I’m more interested in is the ‘casual’ nature of the WiiU, (ie, using the system for TV, drawing, playing board games like checkers). I’d be interested in any older games being released on the system (like on its new online service) but I already have the Wii for that.

So what are your guys’ thoughts on the WiiU and any other games?

UPDATE: The EA conference starts in about 20 minutes. Anything in that to look forward to?

Furious George
    Furious George
    Participant

I’m excited for Tomb Raider. That is one obvious Uncharted clone that I don’t mind.

The Wii U in all likliehood be the only console I buy for the next batch of new consoles.

As for the EA conference (which should be starting any minute now) no games to especially look forward to are coming to mind. I know that the Ubisoft conference at 6PM (EST) has AC III to look forward to.

Furious George
    Furious George
    Participant

LIVE STREAMING, EA CONFERENCE.

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/ea-e3/

The Onion Knight
    Participant

LOL, more like: live streaming Call of Medal Duty Clones conference.

Furious George
    Furious George
    Participant

lol, to be fair Medal of Honor looks very good as far as Military Shooters go.

Dead Space 3 looked cool. Being co-op though…. mmmaaaybe not a best choice…

Bunch of sports games.

Overall a boring conference. Better than Microsoft though. lol

DTX180
    Participant

man the shooter has had the same intro/showcase footage for years now

Warfare going on

Guy ahead of you tells you to follow him, and how we have to <insert some mission goal here>

You get hit, fall underwater

Get back up, remerge from being underwater, to see a massive explosion and people dying

Continue to fight on

Reach a slightly quieter place, usually inside a building, with quieter explosions and gun shots still being heard

Somethin crazy happens

Final fight of the footage

fade out, people start clapping

Furious George
    Furious George
    Participant
    Mog
    Mog
    Participant

Yeah. Caught the end of the Microsoft one. Pretty pathetic. As if Black Ops 2 isn’t on every other console also.

Wii U is looking awesome as hell based on the pre E3 thing Nintendo put out. Everything I could ever want in a console and forums taboot. Havn’t been this excited for something in…well…I dunno. Ever. Only thing that concerns me a little are my kids and what kind of parental controls there are for it, but knowing Nintendo I probably shouldn’t worry.

Furious George
    Furious George
    Participant

This is infinitely surprising to me but Ubisoft definitely had the best conference so far…. in spire of the unbearable hosts and a weak start.

Assassin’s Creed III doesn’t disappoint, Rayman Legends for Wii U looks greats and the new IP Watch_Dogs looks genuinely interesting.

Furious George
    Furious George
    Participant

LIVE STREAMING, SONY CONFERENCE.

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/sony-e3/

ShirowWolf

So far, I haven’t seen or heard anything that good. I’m not an XB user to begin with, so I’m not interested in M$’s stuff anyway. But I heard nothing impressive.

This is a little thing, but Sony announced some PS games coming to PSV, including Wild ARMS, Arc the Lad, and…FF7, as if everyone doesn’t have that one already. 8P And Twisted Metal 2! Yaaay!

SLY JD
    Participant

Excited for Halo 4. Really hoping they push it back to more competitive roots, but I’m doubtful.

Tomb Raider looks interesting. Any words if it’s a linear experience or more of an open world-survival-action? In the trailer it began looking like the latter, but in the end more so the former.

Love South Park, will definately be checking out the game.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.