Games-to-Film: What Do You WANT to See?

Home Forums General Blather & Twaddle Movies Games-to-Film: What Do You WANT to See?

This topic contains 77 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Jax Mandrake 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • Author

CptShadow

A Ocarina of Time movie, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger

ShirowWolf

Hoo boy…you said a mouthful, Capt. Shadow. I personally wouldn’t be in a hurry to have any of those made into actual movies…I…just can’t picture them. Not even any kind of Zelda movie.

Now, they might make decent animated movies. I’d be more in support of that. Unfortunately, I can’t picture those happening soon either. The animated cut scenes in the PS/DS Chrono Trigger are the closest we’ll get to that one, I guess.

Mr. K
    Mr. K
    Participant

Don’t see any of those ever being made into a movie. Ever.

Yawaru

Well if you want a… loose reimagining of Zelda you can check out The Legend of Neil! http://www.effinfunny.com/legend-of-neil Not for children, but pretty damn funny.

Earthbound I could see as an animated series, it’s got the right kind of comedy.

Now Chrono Trigger uses the art of Akira Toriyama, and Enix has been pretty cozy with Toriyama for a while now, so anime seems a lot more likely than a movie, relatively speaking.

I think Valkyria Cronicles would make a good war movie. And does anyone remember Bloody Roar? I mean given the last few attempts at adapting fighting games into movies I wouldn’t hold my breath that it’d be any good, but the idea of a girl transforming into a rabbit and wailing on a 6 foot tall lizard would at least be YouTube worthy.

ShirowWolf

I remember Bloody Roar, sure. I think I played the second game? I remember it being all right, at the time. Yeah, I….would not count on that being made into any kind of good movie… 😛

ShirowWolf

…did anyone mention Portal? I can’t remember, and didn’t see it when I skimmed through replies. Anyway, I think the Portal games could possibly make for interesting movies, or once again, they might be best left to TV series. I think they could work pretty well, if ‘handled the right way,’ of course. And I don’t have enough faith that most in Hollywood who got their hands on it would do it right….Still!

SuperGarbage
    Participant

Commodore128 missed out – this would have been an awesome wringer topic.

I agree with a few of the games that have been listed already – like Zelda and Portal – and have a few to add.

So here’s a list: Assassin’s Creed (yes, I’ve seen the little movie thing to hype ACII); Uncharted (essentially an Indiana Jones rip-off but nobody would care); Dynasty Warriors (there has been a couple movies made that were loosely based on the story that DW revolves around, but if they did one right it would be soooo sick). Well, it turns out that I can’t think of anymore because I’m way too tired.

ShirowWolf

You’re in luck; Ubisoft is trying to get an Assassin’s Creed movie made! There was news about that later in the last year, in which Hollywood studios were raging because of the amount of control over the movie that Sony has given Ubisoft. Basically, it’s unheard of, and naturally, producers and studios don’t like this. Some even think this will insure that the movie will ‘never be made,’ which is not necessarily true. We’ll see!

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/11/assassins_creed_movie_sony_ubi.html

Sony also evidently is trying to get an Uncharted movie made, too, but there doesn’t seem to be any more real news other than that about the project. Stay tuned, though!

SuperGarbage
    Participant

Virtually any first-person shooter has the potential to be a good movie. If they were to go with the obvious choice of making a Call of Duty movie, it would not only have a chance of being good, but it would kill at the box-office.

ShirowWolf

…ouch.

Or do you mean it would be killed at the box office? Ha-cha! >:D Eh, I don’t immediately think a Call of Duty movie would be an huge hit. Yeah, it’s one of the most popular series in the world right now, but we all know that….doesn’t immediately mean it would be a smash-hit movie, too. I do agree in the potential, sure, and not just because of its name recognition. Would Call of Duty make for good movies though? Well, I don’t have much experience playing the games; I think I last played or watched being played one of…the really early ones….But it does look like potentially there’s subject matter there that could make good movies, sure. It…depends on who handles it and how it’s done.

Although, like Fallout or possibly Portal, I also propose that maybe Call of Duty would be best done as a higher-budgeted TV series instead? What’cha think; would that be ‘better’?

I’m now reminded of that Rainbow Six movie they were supposed to make yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaarrs ago. I, uh…wonder if that’ll ever happen….I know Ubisoft is also aiming to make a Splinter Cell movie, too, but so far, it sounds like AC has more of a priority.

Actually….you know what might be weird, is if studios suddenly worked on Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell movies all around the same time, so then it was a Battle of the FPS Game-Movies in the box offices! And two of them are also Tom Clancy titles!

SuperGarbage
    Participant

Call of Duty is a tricky one. It would definitely have to be a movie; it’s too big-budget to be a t.v. show. The whole series has been based off of set pieces with some shooting in between, so naturally they would make it into a huge, expensive action movie – and it would definitely kill at the box-office. All they would have to do for a trailer is showcase some of the big action sequences; flash a couple imagaes of Soap, Ghost, and Price; and have Price say something like: “What kind of a name is Soap?” at the end. Boom: 100 million dollar opening weekend.

Gnashvar
    Gnashvar
    Participant

Call of Duty would really work in the style of Black Hawk Down.

Lichida

Am I the only one who thinks that, in the hands of the right director, Killer 7 could be a wonderfully bizarre movie? Imagine a David Lynch directed Killer 7, it would be the strangest, most fasinating 2-3 hours ever.

ShirowWolf

I suppose you might be on to something, Lichida; Fincher might actually be perfect for that movie. I honestly couldn’t make heads or tails out of that game; I had no idea what was going on or what I was supposed to do. The controls….were just bizarre and not bearable; it probably didn’t help that I have the ‘Cube version….

Maybe Fincher could make it into a still bizarre, but at least coherent, movie!

Unseasonably
    Unseasonably
    Participant

I know I’m late to the party but for my 2 cents, keep your dirty Uwe Bolls and Michael Bays away from my vidya game movin’ piktures! No, seriously.

Silent Hill was a good movie, although I could have been so much better. I never object to some Sean Bean action, but yeah, he was unneeded (or should have been Harry and no made-up mommy). But story-wise it could have been better. I really did like everyone’s performance and the look and feel. I like to throw it on from time to time because it really is good. It just didn’t live up to it’s potential.

Also, throw my vote in for Fallout as a movie as well. Loves me some Fallout. Don’t screw it up, Hollywood!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.