!@#$ Capcom… DMC HD remakes!

Home Forums General Blather & Twaddle Video Games !@#$ Capcom… DMC HD remakes!

This topic contains 28 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Mog Mog 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Arkus
    Participant

Man… Man… I hate you so much Capcom, then you go and do something like this

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/120/1200640p1.html

I’m conflicted, man. I think I need a drink.

ShirowWolf

Why? What’s so bad about this? If you already have and love the original games, you don’t need to get them again in this set. Just let it be, if it bothers you so much. :P

I’d get used to this, though, too; this is a new trend, of course, of taking games and upgrading them into HD presentations. It’s…going to happen more and more. :/

HomerRPGEye

………..

I don’t know what to say….. Capcom, is going downhill……

….. Capcom, is going downhill……

Capcom? They are still around?

After buying Maximo vs Army of Zin a year or two ago I looked up what they been up to since I thought that they were no longer around.

ShirowWolf

…I hope you’re joking, White Mage. :P

I don’t think it’s because of this, but I do agree that something is very wrong with Capcom lately…That might even make a good topic in itself!

I was somewhat but the thing with Capcom nowadays is that the games they make don’t interest me or are games genres I don’t play.

Gnashvar
    Gnashvar
    Participant

I hate them because I have to get these things and I love them because they make them :P

ShirowWolf

I don’t play a lot by Capcom anymore either. The last new game I got by them was Zack and Wiki, which actually I still haven’t played yet….Before that, I think the last new game I got was honestly Resident Evil 4; oh yeah, the ‘Cube original. That was a good game. I should probably still get Mega Man 9 and 10 though….Everything else I either couldn’t play at the time, or yeah, like you, they just don’t interest me. Lately though, there just seems to be something wrong with Capcom that makes me believe less in them as a company…Sigh….

You don’t ‘have to’ get these games, Gnashvar. You got no one to blame but yourself there! :P

Gnashvar
    Gnashvar
    Participant

Yeah I can’t help it though… They are pushing their stuff to fuel my addiction.

ShirowWolf

Just remember that the first step is admitting you have an addiction!

Arkus
    Participant

NEVER!

DTX180
    Participant

capcom has been going downhill since the late 90s/early 00s imo, but this gen really just made them go down the ****er. I mean ya we all loved resident evil 4, but one amazing game and a handful of “C+/B-” games from about 01 to the present doesnt really mean they were good.

But ya, capcom now is just about hiding things from gamers, re-releasing the same stuff, etc. SquareEnix has a similar problem.

ShirowWolf

Maybe we should start a ‘What’s Wrong with Capcom??’ thread…!

Anyway, you think Capcom “has been going downhill since the late 90s/early 00s”?? Really?? I’d definitely say at least after the 1990′s is when they started sliding. When exactly, I’m not sure I can pinpoint. I can say that during this time though, I think they released a lot of good or great games. Mega Man 8 and the X series were good/great, but I admit, X started to go down. It’s no secret that fans consider X6 to generally just be too damn hard, for one thing. Also, Inafune wanted to end the series, but Capcom got anothers to work on it. That was the beginning of trouble for that series, anyway.

Resident Evil actually has mostly gone well, I think. RE2 was really what set the series on fire, and it’s a good game. I also loved the ‘Cube redux of RE. I will contend they probably made too many games, and a string of bad movies….But well, since evidently some people are watching the movies, they kept making them. That’s another story though. I haven’t been able to play RE5, but I also admit I’m not too interested in it or the series that much. How long is Wesker going to be the man always behind the curtain, is too invincible, and keeps getting away? Unless they killed him at the end of RE5, I have no idea.

Street Fighter games have been very mixed, I feel. I haven’t truly loved an SF game since Alpha 3, honestly, and well, I just wish they didn’t move the series to 3D, and that they’d make more new fighters. SF4 is just too much of a random mish-mash of old fighters and not enough new ones. I understand the 3 key fighters they always have to have are Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li, and that’s fine. But yeesh, show some creativity and make some more new ones….who don’t suck! Street Fighter III added mostly new fighters, but honestly, most of them are just not that good, and some… just…bleh. I admit I could be saying this simply because SFIII is pretty complex and difficult to be really good at though…As far as other fighting games go, well, the VS. series games are generally always awesome, so at least we got those! To anyone who has not checked out Tatsunoko VS. Capcom yet, definitely do so.

Okami is also great, and to anyone who hasn’t played it yet….doo eet. Doooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I’m going to be honest, I have never played a Devil May Cry. Nope. I just…never go to it. That’s a fan-favorite series though.

So, I don’t know, I guess some time later in the new century is when Capcom really started to slide, but I’m not sure when. I’m also just not sure what exactly is ‘wrong’ with them. They seem to hate Mega Man now, for some reason, are making too many RE games and bad movies, and well….just don’t seem to have overall as much of the creativity that they once did. That’s a true shame, too, considering how many of us grew up with Capcom games, and have come to expect great things from them. These days, I only really expect maybe some ‘good’ things, but not much really ‘great’ anymore, or things that are just ‘meh.’

This is a bit off-topic, but what is it you think Squenix is ‘hiding from gamers’?

DTX180
    Participant

squenix isnt “hiding things from gamers”. That part of my statement doesnt apply to them.

Squareenix’s main problems

1) remakes ahoy! I dont need FF4 on every system. Hell the fact that FF4 has been on so many systems as started to make me think lower of the game.

2) FFXI was too successful, and they lost their magic of story telling and single player gameplay. Im not saying we need a big name FF every year like we had from 97 to 2001 (FF7- 97, FFT-98, FF8-99, FF9-00, FF10-01), but their golden age has been over for years now. FFXI is dying now, so Square enix doesnt have that cash cow anymore

Mr. K
    Mr. K
    Participant

FF11 was not that successful. Not even relative or in proportion to the revenue brought in by World of Warcraft. It was a money pit.

Square Enix’s problem is too much Enix and not enough Square. Hardly anyone who worked for Square sits on the SE board of directors. The thing that pushed Square under was not the FF movie (though that attributed to it), but the company’s propensity to only publish a couple of games a year and to push back release dates until a game was perfect, even to the detriment of their profit margin. Customer before capital. A good business mantra.

Enix, on the other hand, was the total opposite. They were pumping out titles right and left. More corporate leaders from Enix in the company equals more corporate philosophy.

Also, SE for some absolute shitbird reason is trying to move away from making RPGs. Not only that, but I’ve always said there’s been a corellation between the fact Dragon Quest games keep getting better since the merger and Final Fantasy games keep getting worse. That cannot be coincidence.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.