UPDATE: Thanks to all of your generous donations and efforts, we were able to meet our goal and raise over $20,000 for the V Foundation for Cancer Research – a goal that even we though might be too hopeful. But luckily, you have all joined together to not only do real good in the world, but also show that the community of video gamers is not one that in insular, or uncaring about the world around them. In light of recent tragedies, such shows of communal altruism are especially needed in the world.
Again, thank you all for making this marathon a complete success. Expect donation prizes to ship early in the New Year. We’re looking forward to continuing on next year, and we hope to see you all online! Happy holidays to everyone!
4th Annual CotGW Charity Marathon Sponsored by:
It’s time for our 4th annual video game marathon for charity, and this year it’s 3 days of Super Nintendo! We’ll be starting the festivities right here at noon on Friday, December 14, 2012. We’re looking to raise at least $20,000 for the V Foundation for Cancer Research. This is a great cause and rated 4 out of 4 stars by CharityNavigator.com (see more info by clicking here)
The V Foundation has funded more than 450 grants to the brightest physicians and scientists as they pioneer techniques to make breakthroughs in cancer research. By investing in promising people and projects, the Foundation continues to make great strides in unraveling the mysteries of cancer. With your help, we’re excited to be able to help them with their cause.
The marathon itself will involve 60 hours of fun with the Super Nintendo – one of the most popular game systems of all time. But this year, we’re making things more interactive! Beyond chatting with you all live, we’re giving you the chance to help us decide what games to play. Of course, you can do this by donating to the cause. The perks for donating are:
– Any amount: Entry into daily drawings for $20 Wii/Xbox Live/PlayStaion Network cards (winner’s choice!), video game perler art, and Steam codes!
– $25: In addition to the above perk, you’ll be entered into a drawing for our grand raffle prize – any video game released in 2012 (your choice)!
– $50: In addition to the above perk, you will receive an exclusive Clan of the Gray Wolf 128MB MicroSD card (while supplies last) – that’s like 91 3.5″ floppy disks!
– $75: In addition to the above perks, you will be able to choose ANY Super Nintendo game for us to play (if we don’t have it, we’ll get it!) Please request your game & what time we should play it during the marathon as a note in the “Dedication” section while donating.
– $100: In addition to the above perks, you will present us with a challenge for your selected game! The challenge must be time based, and be no longer than 20 minutes. (For example: Beat Stage 1-1 in Super Mario World within 10 minutes) If we beat your gamer’s challenge, our friends at VideoGameAuctions.com will donate an extra $25 to the V Foundation!
– $150: In addition to the above perks, you will receive a Super Nintendo game from Roo’s personal library. It may be complete in box. It may even be rare… -ish. You will also receive a CotGW Marathon T-shirt designed by Mark P. Tjan from this list.
– $200: In addition t0 the above perks, Mark P. Tjan will also design you a custom CotGW t-shirt (CotGW branding will be on the back near the neck, the front is all yours! …ladies).
Also – there are prizes for posting on Twitter and Facebook! Two random people who post about the marathon on Twitter (including “@cotgw” and a linkback to http://clanofthegraywolf.com at the END of your post) and Facebook (with a linkback to http://clanofthegraywolf.com) will each win a $20 Wii/Xbox Live/PlayStaion Network card of their choice! (Please note: only 5 posts per person per day will be counted)
If you’d like to donate and get those game requests in early, please donate via the Razoo box below or visit the fundraising page here – all funds donated go directly to the V Foundation (we handle no money ourselves).