It’s time for our 5th annual video game marathon for charity, and we’re sticking with what works – it’s 3 MORE days of Super Nintendo! We’ll be starting the festivities right here at noon on Friday, December 13, 2013. We’re looking to raise at least $20,000 for the Toys for Tots Foundation. This is a great cause that is highly rated by CharityNavigator.com (read more info by clicking here)
Since 1947, the objectives of Toys for Tots have been to help less fortunate children experience the joy of the holidays, unite all members of local communities in a common cause for three months each year during the annual toy collection and distribution campaign; and to contribute to better communities in the future. With your help, we’re excited to be able to help them with their cause.
The marathon itself will involve 60 hours of fun with the Super Nintendo – one of the most popular game systems of all time, and you’re a vital component! Beyond chatting with you all live, we’re giving you the chance to help us decide what games to play. Of course, you can do this by donating to the cause. The perks for donating are:
– Any amount: Entry into daily drawings for video game art, $20 Nintendo Points/Xbox Live/PlayStaion Network cards (winner’s choice!), games, and more!
– $25: In addition to the above perk, you’ll be entered into a drawing for our grand raffle prize – any video game released in 2013 (your choice)!
– $50: In addition to the above perk, you will receive an exclusive Clan of the Gray Wolf MicroSD to SD card converter (while supplies last)! Works great with last years perk – a CotGW 128 MB MicroSD card!
– $75: In addition to the above perks, you will be able to choose ANY Super Nintendo game for us to play (if we don’t have it, we’ll get it!) NOTE: Please request your game & what time we should play it during the marathon as a note in the “Dedicate this donation” section.
– $120: In addition to the above perks, you will present us with a challenge for your selected game! The challenge must be time based, and no longer than 20 minutes. (For example: Beat Stage 1-1 in Super Mario World within 10 minutes) If we beat your challenge, you will recieve a Steam game of our choice!
– $150: In addition to the above perks, you will receive a Super Nintendo game from Roo’s personal library. It may be complete in box. It may even be rare… -ish.
Also – there are prizes for posting on Twitter and Facebook! Two random people who post about the marathon on Twitter (including “@cotgw” and a linkback to http://clanofthegraywolf.com at the END of your post) and Facebook (with a linkback to http://clanofthegraywolf.com) will each win a $20 Nintendo Points/Xbox Live/PlayStaion Network card of their choice! (Please note: only 5 posts per person per day will be counted)
If you’d like to donate and get those game requests in early, please donate via the Razoo box below or visit the fundraising page here - all funds donated go directly to Toys for Tots (we handle no money ourselves).